Hadquarter of the Kur- und Neumärkischen Haupt- und Ritterschafts- Direktion
The building headquartering the Kur- und Neumärkischen Haupt- und Ritterschafts- Direktion was one of the buildings that was not built on the Wilhelmplatz before the end of the 19th century. This building was constructed by architect Hermann Ditmar in 1892, in place of a historical two-story building. Reminiscent of the entire construction at the Wilhelmplatz, the Ritterschafts- Direction also represented the architectural style of the time in which it had been built. The building does not correspond to the plaza’s baroque origin or Schinkel’s new design, which was introduced with the renovation of the Ordenspalais on Wilhelmplatz.